He Calls Us His Professors

03/23/2015


Well, another week has come and gone... crazy how that works. I finish one week and then another comes right behind it.  Anyways, this week was pretty... pretty crappy I’d say.  Sorry, can’t lie it’s a sin.  First off it started when I went to the bathroom, and I realized something is not normal [blood in his urine].  So I called the nurse, and I had to go a see a doctor, and I had a urinary infection.  Probably too much information.  So then as we were going to the pharmacy with the nurse/sister missionary, I mentioned I had another ingrown toenail that I didn’t know if it would have to be removed.  So she was like well let’s go see that doctor today too.  So then we went and removed ingrown toenail number five, and the doctor said I have fungus in my toenails.  He said I have to take a medicine, but I have to go take a blood sample to see if my blood is good to take it.  So then we went to take my blood and the results came in like two minutes before the foot doctor closed and he gave me the prescription.  We went and bought it and hobbled back to my area with one toe in a bandage.  Number five down, and I think I should be due for one more ingrown toenail right before I leave.  I’m so popular at the doctor’s office, I walked in and he said, “I thought you finished the mission”.... ha ha, we are good friends.  

We also had a whole bunch of other things that happened this week that required time so we were a little off the mark this week.  On Thursday I did get to go on divisions with the ZL’s, which means I got to reunite with my old MTC comp, Elder Meono.  It was a good time!

As for the work, things are good. Our 85-year old man, Chema, went to church this week again. And he went to see a baptism the other Elders had.  We pushed the date back a few weeks to really get him ready for the interview, because he’s old and forgets a lot, but he’s awesome!  He calls us his professors.  It was really funny the other day.  We’ve been trying to teach him to pray, and I told him to just repeat what I said the first time, like when you help a little kid.  But then he started doing that every prayer.  So we explained to him that he has to do it by himself now.  And so he starts out... Heavenly Father..... and then he’s like, see, that’s where I don’t know what to say.  ha ha He’s just like a little kid.  So I helped him and then we finished and he got all mad and frustrated, and I don’t know how to explain it, maybe pity would be the word.  But we just explained to him, we are here to help him. He’s been improving in his prayers and can almost do it by himself.  He always forgets the ending. He’s just the funniest old man ever.  He’s always got his cowboy hat too.  He should be getting baptized for the eleventh of April.

Bertha, our other investigator with a fecha [date], has to get married.... so that’s a dagger.  We also found another lady named Selena.  We taught two lessons with her, and we missed an appointment with her because she left to go do something.  So we finally got to meet with her again, and I’m not going to lie, I thought she wasn’t interested.  But it turns out she read Moroni 10 and had a few personal testimonies, that when we ask God for things, He responds.  She said she felt peace when she read it and that the words of Moroni are true.  We challenged her to baptism for a date and she accepted.  She didn’t come to church on Sunday for some reason, but it was just the complete opposite of what I was expecting.  I literally left the lesson and said to my comp... what the heck was that?  I hope it turns out the Lord really prepared her and she did find for herself that the Book of Mormon is true and gets to church!  I sometimes doubt and fear that the people lie to us about things, but I guess I just have faith that the gospel touched her life because it does have that power.  So those were the highlights and that’s all!

Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment