Trust In The Lord and Realize You're Imperfect

01/06/2014

Well, I don’t have much time to write this week.  I’m just really learning to rely on the Lord more than I ever have in my life.  The past few weeks have been really frustrating to me. This work is really hard, but something that I’ve taken strength in, is the Lord’s support for His missionaries.  I know I can’t speak this language.  I know I can’t teach very well.  I know that people don’t like to listen to us.  I wonder how I will find new people to teach when everyone already has a religion and doesn’t want to change.  I wonder when I will be able to teach effectively.  I wonder if I’m doing enough.   I wonder if the people we teach will stay active.  I worry about everything, and really I shouldn’t.  But the past few weeks, I’ve tried to just stop worrying.  I know I’m not perfect and maybe even not that good of a missionary, but I know that as I try my hardest, put forth my best effort, study like I should, be obedient like I should, and always keep trying, the Lord will make up the difference.  That is the only way He can work with imperfect people.  

This is His work and I know that something as simple as another language is so insignificant to His plan for the gospel to be spread to all the earth.  I know the Lord will make His will be done.  As I strive to be a worthy servant in his work, I know He will help me when I fall short.  And I’m so thankful that I have that reassurance.  What more do I need?  I’m so glad I get to help spread this gospel and be a missionary and enjoy this experience.   I’m so glad for the things I have learned.  And I will recommend a mission to anyone.  So people like my three cousins who should be preparing to go, if you’re not, do it!  Trust in the Lord and realize you’re imperfect.  But with trust in the Lord, He will help you and me.  As we have trust in Him, our worries are comforted and life is much better.  I know that’s true.  I love you all, and trust in the Lord.  

Elder Ollis  

1 comment: