My Invitation is that We All Take Conference Seriously

09/29/2014


Well, it’s been another week here in Rio Lindo Cortes. I don’t have very much time or much to say this week either. We had a pretty difficult week.  We are having a little problem finding people who will progress. We have a few investigators that were really interested, but we haven’t been able to find them for various reasons. So it’s been pretty uneventful here, just trying to find new people to teach.  We were able to find the husband of one of our investigators who came to church two weeks ago. And he was really open too. He talked to missionaries when he was little, so I hope we can baptize the both of them. Our good friend Obidio (he calls us on the phone frequently for nothing, and one time he told me to not forget to pray) has had a pretty rough week too.  First of all, his wife has stopped cooking for him, because he listens to us. And on Sunday, a bunch of family, a few of which are pastors, came to his house, and I’m sure just bashed on him. We tried to go talk to him, and his granddaughter came out and told us he would talk to us in our appointment on Monday.  So, unfortunately, I think we might have lost him too.  Other than that, just contacting... I also am speculating, that I will leave this next change from Rio Lindo.  I don’t know, it could happen or not, but I do have three months here. So who knows.  

I just wanted to talk a little bit about something really important.  Right now is my favorite time of year.  Here comes General Conference, and then Christmas too, but that’s not what I’m talking about right now.  I’m so stoked for General Conference.  It’s such a blessing that we have a living prophet in this day.  I know that Thomas S. Monson is the mouthpiece of God, and the first presidency and the quorum of the twelve apostles are prophets, seers, and revelators.  There are many people who think that the prophets ceased with John the Baptist, but according to Amos 3:7, the Lord won’t do anything, until He first reveals His secrets to a prophet.  The Lord is revealing His secrets in these, the last days.  

The other day, we contacted a lady and we were talking about Christ’s primitive church, and I asked her how she would feel to know that there are 12 apostles here on earth just like in Christ’s time.  She said that it interests her, and she would have to listen to them to know if they were true or not.  I wanted to scream, “COME TO CONFERENCE ITS GOING TO BE SICK,” because it really is a blessing that we get to listen to prophets, and apostles of God. I know that if we heed their words, we will never go astray.  They truly are inspired men of God.  Christ is guiding this church through his prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  What a blessing it is, to know that we have divine guidance through leaders that really are inspired. I know that the prophet is God’s messenger for us, and that what he says is the word of God. That is why it’s so important to follow what he and the other prophets and apostles are saying.  

My invitation is that we can all take conference seriously.  Sleep well before, and stay awake, having prayerfully pondered some questions, so we can receive the answers to those questions through the speakers that will address us in this conference. I hope we can all learn and put in practice what we are taught by the prophets and apostles, so we can stay on the straight and narrow path and follow the Lord’s counsel that we will receive. I know that there is a prophet of God on the earth that is capable of guiding us through, and warning us of, the many dangers that are in this earth.  So lets heed his words! Love you all and listen this weekend!

Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment