All That Is Required of Us...Just Be Obedient

09/22/2014


Well hello everyone, it’s been another long week here in Honduras.  It was way hot this week, so that was pretty hard.  But here I am.  This week I don’t have much to say, just wanted to share a little scripture that I really like. And I honestly cannot find it right now…and I have no time.  Joking, just found it. 

In Mosiah chapter 2 verses 20 to 22 it talks about a very important principle.  It explains that even if we served God all our lives and dedicated everything to him, we would still be indebted to him.  God gave us life.  He sent His only begotten son to die for us, He blesses us, He watches over us.  We will never be able to repay [Him] for all that He has given us.  But verse 22 is very important, and really shows the love God has for us.  All that is required of us, is that we do what He says. Nothing more.  Just be obedient. God could ask so much more of us. He has done so much for us and yet asks so little.  Just to be obedient.  And again as it says, when we do that we are blessed.  So even doing that (being obedient), He blesses us even more.  It’s a big chain.  He is always blessing us and we will never repay it. 

I can see the love God has for us in this scripture. All He asks is that we obey. I know He loves us and wants us to return with Him, and we can do it.  We can do it through the gospel, and through Jesus Christ.  I know God loves each of us. I hope we can all understand this simple principle and do what God asks of us, which is to obey.  I know that as we do this, we will be blessed.

Love you all,  Elder Ollis

No comments:

Post a Comment