I Just Hope We Can Help Them All

05/12/2014

Well..... this week was a pretty good week for two reasons.  We had a baptism and I got to see my family which is always awesome.

So to start the week off, I don’t even remember. I didn’t really have much happen, just a regular week, until about Friday and Saturday.  We did get to go into San Pedro Sula on Wednesday.... We went and had a meeting and we got to learn some of the things that will help us be better District Leaders, and that was much needed because I had no idea what I was doing (ha ha) still don’t.  But anyway, it was a good opportunity to learn how to be a good leader and what I should be doing.  I was glad I was able to be there.  I just hope I can put [it] in practice and help my district.

05/10/2014 - Erika's Baptism!
So the next thing that was awesome was the baptism of Erika!  She was our investigator that scared us last week.  She didn’t want to quit drinking coffee and said she wouldn’t come back to the church.  She didn’t drink coffee the next day and for five days didn’t drink any.  She drank a little, then for the rest of this week didn’t drink any.  So she got baptized this week!  She’s super awesome.  My companion had the opportunity to baptize her and we had members at the baptism too.  So it was much better than the past baptisms here!  She got confirmed on Sunday and everything went fine.

…. We also had another investigator pop up.  We have a lady we are teaching that lives with a family of members.  One the daughters in the family is married and her husband has been coming to church.  He’s super awesome and asked us more about the priesthood yesterday and always is paying attention in church and everything.  He doesn’t live in this area yet but they are moving here in June!  I hope I will have the chance to teach him….but it’s just another one of those people who just pops out of nowhere prepared by the Lord.  It just reaffirms my testimony again, that this is His work and He is in control.  

Well I don’t know, that’s all I’ve got to write this week.... nothing really significant, just the daily life in the mission, teaching and everything.  We are still in a little phase where we have investigators that we are teaching and we are focused on that and helping them progress…. We also found another lady who is interested and we taught her two times now and she accepted the invitation to be baptized.  So we just have to keep working and help the investigators we have to progress, get baptized, then find new ones. I just hope we can help them all!

05/12/2014 - P-Day at the park with monkeys!
This one likes me because I gave him a whole bag of chips!
Me and my comp have to work hard this week and use all our time wisely. We need to work with the members and help them share the gospel and as always, we can always improve in our obedience. I know as I have a new assignment, I have a new determination to work a little harder and be a little better.  I know this church is true and I know that it can bless people’s lives and change them.  I remember talking with Erika about some things and how she used to have a bad mouth and stuff, but one day at work when people were talking bad she got up and left and everyone was like what the heck... people had noticed changes in her and she was even standing up for the church when people were saying we worship Joseph Smith and everything.  That’s the change and that’s what the gospel can do.  

I know it’s true and I’m glad I can be here to share it with others. I’ve got my little list of things to improve this week and we’ll see how it goes because I know I can be better, and I want to be the best missionary I can be.  I want to be able to say at the end that I tried my best and I can be satisfied and proud of my efforts. Even in life. Because we aren’t here for very long in the plan that God has for us. I hope we all can work towards that.  I love you all and have a good week!

Elder Ollis


No comments:

Post a Comment