I'm So Very Thankful for Christ and His Sacrifice for Us

06/02/2014


I guess I’ll just write a little bit today since I don’t have much time, so here goes....
Well, this week was pretty good too.  However, we did not have our baptism again.  Let’s just say it was a bad week for our investigator.  So now we have to have another interview and we will have two baptisms this week on Friday! 

I just wanted to share something I studied about the other week. I have a really bad habit during companion study.  My comp and I will be studying and then I have a question in my head, so I’ll go find the answer, and then I end up studying by myself for another hour. So anyways, we were studying and I started looking up scriptures about mercy and justice. God always has given us laws and commandments, and He is a god of truth and justice, so there is always a punishment fixed when we break the law.  When we break a law, we become impure and we have to pay the punishment.  We also all know that no unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of God, so there was a way provided.  

We, as human beings, cannot pay the price for our sins.  It is impossible.  So God provided his son, Jesus Christ, to come and pay the price.  He paid all and fulfilled the justice that had to be paid, and because of that He is our mediator with the Father.  He can provide us with mercy so we don’t have to pay the full price ourselves. He only asks us that we follow him and obey his commandments.  Because of Him, justice is paid and our Father in Heaven can give us mercy and forgive us of our sins. Maybe I didn’t explain that very well, but I know I’m so very thankful for Christ and His sacrifice for us. If it weren’t for Him, we could never return to our Father in Heaven.  I’m so very thankful that we have the opportunity to receive mercy and be forgiven, and I know that Christ loves us.  All he requires is that we follow him and keep his commandments.  I love this gospel so much, especially the atonement of Jesus Christ.  I’m so glad I have the opportunity to share it with others, and help them change and receive blessings in their lives. I know this church is true. Love you all!

Elder Ollis

(See the new pictures posted on the Mission Field Pictures Tab!)

No comments:

Post a Comment